Webmasters who are interested in driving traffic to their sites will always have plenty of options available. One very reliable option can be considered link wheel. Such a wheel will consist of a series of sites which will link to your main site as well as each other.
A link wheel can be considered a tool for drawing traffic to a site that you would like to use as a focal point for your online efforts to make money or just share your thoughts or ideas. Build a link wheel which will funnel traffic to your site while also improving its search rankings.
1. Try to be certain that the main website you are interested in featuring will be complete, filled with original content and optimized for targeted keywords.
2. You can write a few articles related to the specific keyword or market which you intend to target. Make certain that your articles will also be related to each other. Have as many articles ready as you are able to have accounts at different article directories, or connections with colleagues who would be interested in writing guest articles on their websites.
3. You can start by posting your first article on your first content website. Make certain you will be posting a link to your main website which will be featuring. That main website will be acting as a central focal point for all the article “spokes” in the link wheel.
4. Wait a couple of days and then post your second article on your second content website with a link which should point to the main website and to the first article as well. Continue posting your articles on various article directories until you will be posting four to ten distinct articles on the same number of article directories. Each and every article should have two different links. One should point to your main website, and one should point to the previously published “spoke” articles.
5. When you will be posting your last article, you should go to the first published article and complete the wheel by simply adding a second link for that specific article to the last published article.
In addition you can link other article directories, social media websites or social bookmarking websites to the web pages where your articles will reside. These are known as indirect back-links as they do not link directly to your main website. This will create a much more complex link wheel and will draw a lot more traffic.