We all know that the sender’s name is the most important in writing email. But to tell you honestly, the subject line is very important in writing a mail. From the subject alone, the recipient will know how important your message is. Writing on the appropriate subject line is important.
Creating a subject line is important and should be in lined with the message. Like for example, if your message is about collection, do not put ‘Hi’ on the subject line. Instead you can say, ‘Daily collection Report’ or ‘Collection Report as of December 7, 2011’ or any catchy subject that is in line with your message. This way the recipient will not ignore your message because he or she knows that what you have just sent was important.
It is not difficult to create a good subject line when sending a mail. Always remember that, when you do create a subject it should always be related to the content of your email.
Below are some tips on how to create a good subject line that will catch the recipient’s attention.
- When we make a business email letter, we want to make the letter as formal as we can. So there is the company’s name, the whole address of the company, the senders name and the headings and of course don not forget the subject line. On the subject line, it is appropriate to also write the company’s name. For example. ‘Your Company Name-Reference Book Publisher’. This will give a good impact to the recipient and will give importance to your message.
- If it is a news letter that you are sending, do not forget to add the date to the email subject. This will help the recipient to easily remember the mail you sent. Like for example. ‘The Latest Buy and Sell Market, December 7, 2011.
- On your email subject line, include term that is easily remembered. Like ‘Article’ since that is what I am doing right now. You can create your subject term according to what you do.
- In line with our number 3 tip, you can also create phrase so that the email recipient will easily remember the mail. Like for example on Article, I can say ‘read article’. You can do likewise, but make sure that it is in line with your message.
- If you are using email for internet marketing, try to use keywords on your subject line. This will help the recipient to easily find your company web site on search engines.
Base on experience, what email senders would usually do is to summarize the content of the mail and use it as a subject line. This is wrong. The subject line should let the receiver know why you sent them an email and not to summarize the content.
The subject line on any mail should never be forgotten. It is the first thing that recipient would notice. It would also alert the email receptor if the message is spam or not.